How you can help
Purchase toys to donate
Do you usually travel to Isla Mujeres with just a carry on? Do you have no spare room in your checked bag for toys? Does the airline you fly charge for additional checked bags? If you answered yes to any of these questions here are some alternatives for you to consider for purchasing toys to donate.
- Order toys from Amazon and ship directly to Ruben’s Restaurant (please read the instructions below)
- Purchase toys at Chedraui on Isla Mujeres
- Support local islanders that stock toys in their stores!
- Arrange with your airport transportation service to make a stop at Walmart or another large store in Cancún for a quick toy shopping spree. There will most likely be a fee for this service but it could be less than paying the airline more money that could go toward toys.
- Are you going to be on Isla Mujeres long enough that you might need to take a trip over to Cancún for shopping, dining or other services? If so there are many options available for where you can purchase toys, Walmart, Sam’s Club, Costco, Soriana.
- Donate cash at Ruben’s Restaurant, Chilito’s by Ruben or with PayPal and specify that your donation is for purchasing toys. There are volunteers who love to shop for toys.
Order from Amazon and send directly to Ruben’s Restaurant
Click to go to Amazon’s Compra for Edad (Buy for Age) page. You can sign in with your regular Amazon account. Prices are in Mexican Pesos.
It is best to stick with Envío GRATIS (Free Delivery) items and stay away from any that are marked Importación (Importation) as those items often have high import fees.
Ruben Chavez Martinez
Av. Vicente Guerrero #18
Isla Mujeres, Q. Roo, Mexico, 77400
Between Lopez Mateos & Matamoros
If you are not comfortable using Amazon’s Mexico website in Spanish go to Amazon.com in English here: https://amzn.to/2loeoa6 and make sure “Deliver to Mexico” shows just under the Amazon logo. Remember to keep an eye on import fees!!
If you have any questions email Jackie.
Thank you so much!
Latest News, Fundraisers & Current Needs
Every bit counts
Let’s make this Three Kings Day the best ever for the children of Isla!
Thank you to everyone who has donated to Ruben’s Three Kings Day event. Your generosity has put a smile on the faces of so many of Isla’s children! A very special thank you to all our volunteers, your dedication and hard work have made each year a huge success!!!